Waiver and exemption from liability Alpenbrevet 2021
Agreement on indemnity and waiver of liability in connection with participation in the Alpenbrevet as well as acceptance of risks and granting of exemptions.
Read this document carefully before signing it as it has direct legal consequences in terms of your rights and ability to file a lawsuit against the Promoter or enforce claims.
- TEligibility: Riders with birthdays before 4 September 2005 can participate (from 16 years).
No license or association membership is required for the start at the Alpenbrevet.
- I confirm my participation in the Alpenbrevet by depositing the entry fee or part of it and take responsibility for all risks arising from it.
I am responsible for the fact that I am physically fit, trained and in a sufficient state of health at the Alpenbrevet and have at best had this confirmed medically in the run-up to the event.
I am aware that participation carries risks and, in extreme cases, can lead to damage to health or physical injury, permanent disability or death.
- I am responsible for the condition of my competition equipment.
My bike complies with the legal requirements for riding on public roads in Switzerland. I wear a helmet at all times while driving (we recommend the minimum requirement EN 1078).
My bike is equipped with a forward white light and a bright red light at the back and a rear-facing retro-reflector (Art 216. VTS and Art 217. VTS)
- Disclaimer: I waive any claims, liabilities, damages, loss compensation and claims (including legal, legal and legal costs) that may arise in connection with my participation in the Alpenbrevet.
I confirm that I take the risks of the following non-exhaustive list: falls and hazards due to collisions with vehicles, pedestrians, other participants, helpers, viewers, third parties or fixed objects, as well as due to material or weather-related influences
- Insurance is a matter for the participants. I confirm that I am adequately insured to cover any costs incurred through medical treatment, primary care, transport, repatriation, hospitalisation, etc.
I agree to seek medical care that seems advisable in the event of injury, accident or illness during the event. I hereby grant the medical service of the event or public medical care any necessary medical treatment. I accept responsibility and liability for all costs incurred in connection with the training and/or participation in the event, including ambulance transport, hospital stay, medical care and treatment as well as medical and pharmaceutical services
- The Swiss Road Traffic Act is valid at all times.
I am aware that the Alpine Brevet takes place on public roads that are not closed off. Rules must be followed, such as not crossing control and safety lines, stopping in the event of appropriate signalling or granting priority to authorised traffic participants. In addition, the bicycle (according to Art. 30 VRV) is to be illuminated, cf. point 3. Participants are disqualified in case of misconduct and excluded from the next two events.
- Lights and reflectors on the bike
Your safety comes first. Before 07:00 in the morning and after 20:00 in the evening and in conditions that reduce visibility (such as fog), lights are compulsory at the front (white) and rear (red). To keep visibility as high as possible during the day, we recommend leaving the lights on. In addition, the bicycle is obligatorily equipped with reflectors at the front (white) and at the rear (red).
- I do not use banned substances, methods or technologies for training or participation in the Alpenbrevet. No stimulants, painkillers or doping substances and methods are used!
The organiser, Antidoping Switzerland or third parties can also carry out doping checks on grassroots athletes. By registering for the Alpenbrevet, I submit to the anti-doping rules of Swiss Olympic and recognise the exclusive jurisdiction of the Swiss Olympic Doping Commission and the Arbitration Court of Sport in Lausanne, excluding the ordinary courts. This regulation also applies to participants from outside Switzerland. Persons with a national or international doping ban are not admitted at the start of the Alpenbrevet. This also applies to locks in other sports.
- I agree to the use of my name, images of me, my voice and/or image for the illustration of publications, websites, media reports, videos, webcasts and other PR purposes related to the Alpenbrevet (organizer, sponsors and partners).
I agree to the publication of my name, place of residence and vintage on official start/result lists in printed or electronic form.
I agree that my address data may be passed on to sponsors, partners and service providers, as well as Swiss Cycling or to third parties for services. The refusal of this address transfer can be reported in writing to the organizer (
- With my registration I confirm my participation in the event. I understand that no entry fees will be refunded (with the exception of clause 11).
My registration is well-considered. I agree that my entry fee will not be refunded if I am unable to participate in the event or if I change my route. Not even in the case of a cancellation with a medical certificate. The organizer recommends to take out a cancellation insurance at the time of registration.
If I cannot participate, I have the following options: I transfer my starting place to someone I know or I cancel my registration and receive a voucher for the following year’s event. The second option is only possible up to 6 weeks before the event. I choose the option independently via the link in the registration confirmation.
- I agree that the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, decide to postpone or cancel the event if it deems it unworkable or if it considers the conditions on the day of the event to be too dangerous.
In the event that the Event is cancelled or postponed for any reason, including force majeure, natural disasters and any other circumstances, no refund of the Participation Fees or other costs incurred in connection with the Event shall be made by the Promoter or its partners.
If the event is cancelled due to an epidemic or pandemic (e.g. Covid-19), the starting fee will be refunded according to the following scheme:
Cancellation 6 weeks before the event. You have the choice between:
– 100% refund (admin fee CHF 15)
– Transfer of the starting place to the following event
Cancellation 2 weeks before the event. You have the choice between:
– Refund of 2/3 of the participation fee
– Transfer of the starting place to the following event (admin fee CHF 15)
Cancellation less than 2 weeks before the event:
– In case of cancellation due to a pandemic/epidemic in the last 2 weeks before the event, the organizer reserves the right to first assess the situation and based on that, decide on the procedure with already paid participation fees.
- I am aware of the fact that the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole and sole discretion, to refuse to participate in the Alpenbrevet without justification, to withdraw a Participant’s application for participation at any time and/or to disqualify a person from the event.
The Participant expressly waives any claims in connection with a refusal to participate or the revocation of a participation application that exceedtheamount of the participation fee.
- The place of jurisdiction is Bern (Switzerland).
If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable for any reason, this provision shall be deemed severable from the remainder of this Agreement and shall have no effect on the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement.