In order to obtain a permit to hold the Swiss Cycling Alpenbrevet 2021, we had to develop a protection concept that meets the guidelines and requirements of the authorities and thus reduces the potential risk of infection to a minimum.
The protection concept can be found via link (see below) and includes the following main points:
- Compulsory Covid certificate and its checks
- Compulsory wearing of masks indoors
- Symptom-free at the Alpenbrevet
- Compliance with hygiene rules
It is of great concern to us that all those involved adhere to the prescribed measures so that also further cycling events can be held in the near future.
As described, the protection concept of the Swiss Cycling Alpenbrevet 2021 includes that all participants show a valid, Covid certificate upon arrival in Andermatt or Ulrichen. Anyone who does not bring a valid Covid certificate with them at check-in is not eligible to take part. This obligation applies not only to the athletes but also to all carers who wish to enter the start or finish area.
How do I get a Covid certificate?
- I am vaccinated twice
- I have recovered
- I have been tested negative for the Corona virus using the antigen test – available free of charge at many pharmacies. The test must have been carried out within the last 48 hours before check-in.
- I have been tested negative for the Corona virus using the PCR test procedure – which can be carried out for a fee at many doctors. The test must have been carried out within the last 72 hours before check-in.
Special offer PCR test (valid 72h) for Alpenbrevetisti
In order to reduce the effort and inconvenience of testing, we offer you the following alternative to obtaining the Covid certificate via a PCR test.
1. PCR pool test with home delivery for CHF 54.00 (incl. shipping):
A PCR test (mouth rinse) will be sent to the registered test person with a residential address in Switzerland at least 4 days before the event. The test can be carried out independently and returned to the Ender Diagnostic laboratory using the return envelope provided. Detailed instructions will be sent with the test.
Important: The very favourable price for the PCR test is only possible due to pooling of the tests. For this purpose, 4 tests are always randomly mixed together and evaluated. This procedure reduces the costs considerably. If the pool test is negative, the valid Covid certificate is immediately sent electronically to the four participants. If a pool test shows a positive result, the four persons are contacted and must follow further instructions.
2. PCR tests at Zurich Airport
2. PCR-Tests at Zurich Airport The registered test persons go independently to Zurich Airport and carry out their PCR test there. The following tests are available:
- PCR-Pooltest for CHF 49.00
Information about the pool test see above
- PCR-single test for CHF 149.00
For the single test, each sample is analysed separately and the result including the certificate is sent out within 5 hours.
Both tests can be carried out as follows:
- Thursday, 02 September from 12:00 – 22:00h
- Friday, 03 September from 07:00 – 10:00h
- Test location: Test Center Bus Station
- Test results: Arrive by 15:00h on Friday.*
*laboratory delays possible.
3. Departure test with IATA certificate for CHF 155.00
With this departure test, which is accepted by all airlines, we offer all foreign participants the all-round feel-good package.
The registered test persons hand in their test before take-off in Andermatt between 05:15 – 06:30h at the check-in. . In Ulrichen, the test will also be handed in at the check-in between 08:15 – 09:15h. The results and the travel certificate will be sent to all tested persons by SMS & e-mail by 15:00h at the latest.
We organise the test kits, transport to the laboratory and information for the participants. In addition, we are available to the test persons via a hotline +41 79 625 80 10 for questions. This offer is also valid for accompanying persons.
You can register for the offer via our website and must do so by 24 August at the latest:
Spectators/visitors to the event area
Access to the start/finish area as well as to the partner village in Andermatt and Ulrichen will be granted to those who can present a valid Covid certificate.
If you do not want to take part in the Swiss Cycling Alpenbrevet due to the compulsory certificate, inform us by e-mail by August 20, 2021 the latest via email@example.com. We will credit the entry fee for a 2022 participation by voucher. Anyone who deregisters after 20 August 2021 will not receive a voucher.
We are really looking forward to this year’s Swiss Cycling Alpenbrevet and we are striving to hold an event of high quality and from a health point of view safe. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Swiss Cycling Alpenbrevet Team