Frequently asked questions about registration
- Until when can I register?
We are not currently communicating a registration deadline. Please note the limit on the number of platinum tour starters (max. 500). With a prompt registration, however, you can get a starting place at this Alpine monument.
- Can I change my route in advance?
Yes, you can. To do this, click on the change link that is included in your registration confirmation. There you can edit your data and choose another route.
- I can’t start, what can I do?
You can unsubscribe via the change link included in your registration confirmation. Do you have someone who wants to take over your starting place? Then you can specify this when you unsubscribe and pass on the resulting code to your colleague. The latter can then officially register for the Alpenbrevet with the code.
- Are late registrations possible on site?
The maximum number of participants of the Gold (1,000) and the Platinum Tour (500) must be adhered to. If there is still room, an enpostonory can be made on site for all tours. However, we recommend that you register as early as possible. This is the only way to guarantee you the start at the Alpenbrevet.
Frequently asked questions about how to get there
- Does there be enough parking space available in Andermatt?
Around 1,000 parking spaces are available in Andermatt, which will be signalled from Friday lunchtime. No parking spaces are available in the village and around the festival grounds (Gemsstockbahn/Gotthardstrasse).
Frequently asked questions about the routes
- When does my tour start?
Platinum Tour: as soon as possible on the website
Goldtour: as soon as possible on the website
Silver tour: as soon as possible on the website
Bronze tour: as soon as possible on the website
- Can I change my route on the way?
If you have registered for gold or silver, you will drive gold or silver. A change to the platinum tour is not possible. It is also not possible to change from the bronze tour to the other tours. If, as a platinum driver, you reach Airolo too late or notice that you are not packing the platinum lap, you will drive back to Andermatt via Gotthard on the silver tour.
But if you start as a silver rider and you realize that the gold tour would be possible, you can finish the Alpenbrevet on the gold tour.
- Are there any time limits on the road?
Since the platinum and gold routes are very long, there are time limits on their road. If you reach a place after the time limit, you are not allowed to finish the planned route, but you have to return to Andermatt via the next possible shortcut. The following are the time limits:
– In Gletsch at 11:50 a.m.
– In Airolo at 13:50
– In Airolo at 12:00
Frequent questions about food
- Why are there no more food stations on the passports?
These are new after the departures. It was often also asked to move the catering stations, as it is sensitively cold depending on the weather on the passes and a break for the body is not ideal.
- Do I get a water bottle at the start or on the go?
There are no plans to issue bottles.
Frequently asked questions about transport options
- Are there shuttle buses to Andermatt again?
No, there are currently no shuttle buses planned.
- How do I get back to Obergoms from Andermatt?
From Andermatt, a train runs back to Obergoms every hour. We are currently considering the possibility of an extra train. A bus shuttle is not possible due to the ban on trailers on the Furka Pass.
Frequently asked questions about accommodation
- I can’t find accommodation. What can I do?
We are in the task of organising group accommodations again. As soon as we have any news, we will inform you.
Frequently Asked Questions about Swiss Cycling Alpenbrevet clothing
- I didn’t buy a jersey when I signed up, but now I want one. Can I buy one more?
Yes, you can. To do this, click on the change link that is included in your registration confirmation. There you can edit your data and buy a jersey or trousers.
- Can I buy a jersey on site?
There will be very few pieces on site. Ideally, you buy a jersey or other clothing in advance, then you’ll have it for sure. You can do this with the change link you received in the registration confirmation or in the online shop to which you can access via this website.
- What if my jersey doesn’t fit?
If the jersey or other clothing doesn’t suit you, you can exchange it on site at the clothing stand. Attention, we do not guarantee that there will be the right size remaining. In addition, an exchange is only possible if the item is still unused, as well if you bring the label and original packaging.
- Can I buy merchandise even if I don’t start?
Yes, you can. On the website you will find our online shop where you can buy various merchandise items.
- When will I receive the ordered items?
Basically, these will be handed over on site in Andermatt. For all those who live in Switzerland, it is possible to receive the goods delivered to their home shortly before the event. This option is open for all orders until May 27, 2021. Postage and packaging CHF 11.50. All orders received later will be handed over at the event.
Frequently asked questions about finisher prices
- Will there be a medal for platinum finishers this year?
No, no medal is planned this year.
- Will I receive a Finisher certificate after the tour?
The Finisher certificate will be available online.
Frequently asked questions concerning CoVID-19
- What happens to my purchased starting place in case of a cancellation in 2021?
If the event has to be cancelled due to an epidemic or pandemic (such as Covid-19), the participation fees will be subject to the following scheme:
Cancellation 6 weeks before the event. You have the choice between:
– 100% refund (admin fee CHF 15)
– Transfer of the starting place to the following event
Cancellation 2 weeks before the event. You have the choice between:
– Refund of 2/3 of the participation fees
– Transfer of the starting place to the following event (admin fee CHF 15)
Cancellation less than 2 weeks before the event:
– In case of cancellation due to a pandemic/epidemic in the last 2 weeks before the event, the organizer reserves the right to first assess the situation and based on that, decide on the procedure with already paid participation fees.
What happens to the items already purchased from the online store in case of cancellation in 2021?
In Online shop ordered items (eg from the clothing collection) can not be canceled. A refund for already purchased material is also not possible.